POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boreal WIP bug : Re: Boreal WIP bug Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boreal WIP bug
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Aug 2004 17:00:46
Message: <4117e5fe$1@news.povray.org>

news:4117d6cd@news.povray.org...
> Hi,
> after the encouraging comments on my Breal WIP I changed several things.
> in my last WIP before final render Povray showed an unexpected result.
> I marked two parts of the picture and included two enlarged detail renders
> of these parts.
> The third detail render shows the same location and is apparently ok.

Yuck. I've had similar problems before, typically with tree foliage. I
always supposed it had to do with media, meshes and interior problems. Are
the tree leaves "hollow" ? What about the media intervals? Also, try a
clearcut separation between opaque and transparent pigment (using 0.5, 0.5
instead of 0,0.9). Not that it's going to solve things in all cases...
Actually, I tend to post-process all those mesh-related problems when
they're very local: I render a black and white mask, apply it on the final
render to protect what needs to be protected and brush out the naughty bits.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com